Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Questions

Questions... It seems to me that I am always wrestling with questions, trying to squeeze finite answers out of infinite questions. What should I be when I grow up? Does God exist? Why are Brussels sprouts good for me and ice cream is not?

As I have spent time in seminary engaging questions and finding more questions, I am beginning to wonder. Am I asking the wrong questions? This of course leads to the obvious - What are the *right* questions? Which of course if it has any answer at all will have answers in the form of questions.

So I go on, finding new questions. Who will I be when I grow up? What does it mean to have a relationship with God? How can I expand my understanding of the world? What other questions do I need to ask?

1 comment:

  1. This brings to mind Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy--what is the ultimate question of the universe? Just kidding. I do think asking good questions are more important than getting good answers.

    ReplyDelete