Sunday, July 25, 2010

Life-Changing Experiences


I'm in Israel participating in an archaeological excavation and cultural immersion. We spend the weekdays doing archaeological workand attending lectures and the weekends traveling (see akkoarchaeology.blogspot.com for more details). I signed on to this adventure knowing that it would be life-changing experience, but I could not have imagined how life-changing it would be. I am standing at one of those forks in the path, wondering which way to go. I realize now that recent life-changing decisions were absolutely, positively, the most positive decisions I could make. Now I have confidence to make the next set of life-changing decisions. The conditions in which I am living, hard labor, dirt, spare (but comfortable) accommodations, are causing me to change my expectations of myself, others and my environment. Big changes are happening, and all I can do is play along and be joyful.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful.

    We're missing you here, back in San Jose.

    DE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life-changing decisions are always scary to me. However, it takes someone brave and forward-thinking to make those decisions and follow through with them. I'm so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete